The Building Codes Assistant Project (BCAP) is seeking a motivated Program Assistant to support BCAP’s mission to reduce building energy use by promoting the adoption, implementation and advancement of energy efficient building codes and standards at the state and local levels and internationally. For over 20 years, BCAP has worked in the U.S. advocating for strong energy codes. We work with state energy offices, state and local agencies, building departments, and those in the construction industry. We also work to inform federal policy makers, national organizations, and consumers on the opportunities and benefits associated with the energy code as the baseline-setting policy for the construction market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the ongoing work of updating and revising BCAP’s website
- Tasks include creating, posting and editing content from various energy policy and industry sources
- Research projects including tracking state energy policies and improving the tools to document the complexities of building energy policy
- Attend energy educational events and conferences on behalf and brief the team on important developments
- Help coordinate events such as trainings and educational webinars for industry professionals
Skills and Qualifications
- The successful candidate must have a degree completed or in progress, in computer science, engineering, architecture, or a related field with an interest in energy efficiency and policy
- Excellent web development skills such as proficiency in HTML, CSS, and WordPress
- Tech-savvy is a must; solid Microsoft Office experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) is highly desired
- Basic knowledge of building energy codes is preferred but not required
- Interest in energy efficiency in residential and commercial buildings is a plus
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter and able to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership abilities, good academic performance, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to understand complex problems and think about alternative solutions
This is a part time position located in Washington, DC and is available starting April 1, 2016. The ideal candidate is a university student with a flexible schedule and able to commit to working 20 hours per week. Current pay rate for this position is $14 per hour, and benefits include paid time off.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter with “BCAP Program Assistant” in the subject line to: email@example.com
BCAP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.