Thermal Protection of Buildings (DBN B.2.6-31:2006) Effective January 2007
This code is mandatory nationwide and sets requirements for building components including thermal insulation. The code was developed by Yurij Matrosov, who helped develop the Russian Thermal Performance of Building Codes, SNiP 23-02-2003. Ukraine also received assistance from NIISF, IMT, and the US EPA, and integrated many of their suggestions into the code. Ukraine’s code includes a performance-based compliance system as well as an “energy passport” for documentation and compliance verification. Changes to this code approved in 2012 significantly improved minimum requirements for heat transfer resistance.
- Ukranian Energy Efficiency Programme (UKEEP)
- Ukranian Greek Building Council
- Energy Efficiency Policy Priorities | IEA December 2015
- National Energy Action Plan Through 2020
- Energy Strategy of Ukraine through 2035
- Energy Efficiency in Ukraine: EBRD Experience
- IFC Helps Implement Energy Efficiency Improvements in Ukraine’s Residential Housing
- Good Practices in City Energy Efficiency: Lviv, Ukraine – Energy Management Systems in Public Buildings April 2011
- Kyiv Public Building leads Ukraine’s push for energy conservation
Other International Code Status Pages
Cosimina has been a member of BCAP for over a decade, actively contributing to the organization’s nationally acclaimed initiatives aimed at assisting states and local authorities in the establishment and enforcement of robust and efficient building energy codes. Her involvement spans across advocacy, technical guidance, outreach programs, and the formation of strategic coalitions.