BCAP has created a series of maps to provide a national snapshot of building energy code adoption and implementation status. Click on a map to learn more about the status of energy codes in each state.
States that have adopted a statewide commercial energy code that meets or exceeds an ASHRAE 90.1 standard. This map reflects only mandatory statewide commercial energy codes currently in effect.
States that have adopted a statewide residential energy code that meets or exceeds an IECC model code. This map reflects only mandatory statewide residential energy codes currently in effect.
BCAP makes every effort to ensure that the maps are accurate and up-to-date. If you have any questions or comments about the maps, please contact us.
- Code Status One-Pager Updated January 2017
- Commercial and residential code status maps formatted for PowerPoint presentations Updated January 2017
- Graphs of commercial and residential code stringency over the past forty years
- Slideshow of code adoptions since 2009 Updated November 2016
- Local code adoptions by state
- All state commercial and residential codes as a table
This page was last modified on: February 17, 2017